miss b's quote

'I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list' Susan Sontag

Tuesday 1 November 2011

miss b loves.........Rosso Pink Fizz

miss b's pink fizz

I have been trying to recreate a delicious lemony Prosecco-based cocktail  which I recently discovered at Rosso at the Amwaj Rotana Hotel at The Walk, Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai Marina. It has been an absolute pleasure(!) experimenting with the measures but after several attempts I think I've got it right (well it's very very similar) and I'm calling it 'miss b's pink fizz' of course!


              miss b's pink fizz

These amounts are a guideline and depend on the size of the Champagne glass. Go easy on the Limoncello - it should add a subtle lemony flavour and not overpower the drink.
  • A chilled Champagne flute
  • 1 dessert spoon(10ml)chilled Limoncello (or Limoncino)
  • Chilled Pink Prosecco
  • 1 maraschino cherry
Put the maraschino cherry in the bottom of the Champagne flute. Add the Limoncello and half fill with Prosecco. Stir gently, allow the froth to subside, then top up with more Prosecco and enjoy!

 This is so simple to prepare and a good alternative to Champagne cocktails or the classic peach-flavoured Bellini.
It's the perfect party tipple - ideal for the Christmas season and New Year's Eve(but why wait for a party!)

miss b recommends:
  • eating at Rosso especially lasagne - one of the best I've tasted!
  • Rosso chocolate cake with a melting middle and hazelnut ice cream - a perfect  dessert!(even better with Rosso Pink Fizz!)
  • Happy Hour - daily 6pm - 9pm
  • Diva-licious(Ladies')Nights - Daily 9pm - midnight
  • trying limoncello as a summer digestif or poured over lemon sorbet
                    

10 comments:

  1. I love Prosecco based cocktails! This looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks very good, then again, anything with Prosecco is fine by me ;-) Thanks for your lovely comment and for stopping by. Have a lovely evening. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks TASTY!!! And I love your name for it. Very cute! :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. one of my friends has been telling me how amazing Prosecco is for a while now, this is making me want to try it even more now

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks great! thanks also for your comment in my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks - hope you all enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect suggestion to start a w-e...Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome. I shall return! Thank you too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on my blog. I really do appreciate it. miss b

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...